meallanfearghailmeallanfearghail

Main Audio Favorites Reviews Stats

Slave Boat (Orchestral) Slave Boat (Orchestral)

Not Sad Enough

I suggest that a piece talking about slavery should be as sad and angry as Mahler. And that's what this piece is missing. The melody seems to be a bit too jolly and does not really symphonise the chorus at the back. Besides, the use of string-hitting seems to be ruining the sadness of the piece.

The Royal March The Royal March

It does not sound like a Royal March at all.

It sounds to me more like a ballroom or breakdance piece rather than a processional march, which should sound more enriched and harmonic. Please listen to the works of G.Händel and C.-F.Gounod and try to learn from them.

Step responds:

OK, thanks for pointing that out, but a song isn't all about the name. Couldn't you tell me a little about the song itself, nextime?

Symphany No. 1 Symphany No. 1

Introducing

May I introduce you to MaestroRage and MilkmanDan, who may consider to teach you how to compose a symphony instead of a cacophony?

nonono1 responds:

may i introduce to you dese nuts

The storm between you and I The storm between you and I

Cold

I think you can improve a little bit more on the arrangement of chords and background. Besides, your tunes does not seem to symbolise storm, but coldness or silence instead. How about changing the title to "The Icy Wall Between You and I" or things similar to this?

Respect.

i never would sing here i never would sing here

Good

I find this piece useful for scenes in which a character falls into memories of mental struggles.

This Is Halloween {Alix1} This Is Halloween {Alix1}

Fantasia!

I'm pretty sure that this is live.

alix1 responds:

I did parts of i live on my MIDI piano. Im not too good at the piano though :(
I did just the easy parts. thanks for the ten!
--Alix1

Judgement at Heaven Gate Judgement at Heaven Gate

You have potential, brother.

I can see you DO have potential powers in composing. Keep up your good work and do more improvement, brother.

Turning 19
Love Linguistics and Literature

dontxthemusic responds:

I'm a Chick. LOL. XD So how about sister instead :P And thank you very much ^_^ I hope to keep improving. I just need to get the hang of doing this...

Pictures at an Exhibition [B] Pictures at an Exhibition [B]

This is plagiarism!

For Gods' sake, don't do this again.
0/5 and 0/10.

Vexorian responds:

Plagiarism would be me claiming this as my own work...

Which I have clearly stated this is was composed by Modest Mussorgsky.

Carol of the bells Carol of the bells

Practice more, please.

Not professional at all.

Looking Back (short version) Looking Back (short version)

Your piece works.

It gave me courage to re-think about why my past was so sad, instead of simply feeling sad of it.You deserve 5/5 and 10/10.

BaronWeasel responds:

Thank you very much for the review and for telling me how this piece made you feel. It's people like you that keep us composers motivated!